Applications now open for free participation in the IACC MarketSafe Expansion Program!
Application Deadline: January 15, 2017
The IACC MarketSafe Expansion Program® is a one-of-a-kind collaboration with Alibaba that builds upon the success of the IACC MarketSafe Program®.
The Expansion Program was unanimously approved by the IACC Executive Board, and was jointly announced by the IACC and Alibaba on May 19, 2016.
- It is offered to participants for FREE;
- It will be open to a greater number of rights-holders than the IACC MarketSafe Program; and
- It covers all of Alibaba’s platforms.
Participants will also enjoy the following benefits:
- Access to IACC’s enhanced tools to coordinate efficient take-down efforts and store removals;
- Access to IACC resources to assist with Chinese language issues;
- Expedited take down and registration procedures;
- Reduced requirements for an actionable claim;
- Standardized processes for submitting evidence collected through civil raids to provide to Alibaba for consideration in seller penalties on
- Opportunities to participate in a rights-holder working group to provide input on the Program, share information and best practices, as well
as to engage in ongoing dialogue with Alibaba in an organized and systematic manner;
- Access to a dedicated team of IACC and Alibaba personnel with the authority and knowledge to enforce protocols on each Alibaba platform; and
- Unique opportunities to develop a productive and sustainable partnership with Alibaba to combat online fakes.
The IACC aims to work collaboratively with other committed organizations to create safe and trusted online marketplaces for consumers and legitimate retailers. Intermediaries are an integral part of the solution and fight against counterfeiting. Innovative and collaborative programs like the Expansion Program are necessary given the evolving nature of counterfeiting crimes. For information about online counterfeiting, click here.
Who is Eligible to Apply and Participate?
We look forward to welcoming a diverse group of member and non-member rights-holders* to the Expansion Program. We welcome applicants of all sizes
and from all over the world.
What is the Application Process?
- Rights-holders who are interested in participating in the program should submit an application form by January 15, 2017.
- The IACC will update companies on their application status by January 18, 2017.
- Participants will undergo program orientation in February 2017.
- Participants and other guests will be invited to the Expansion Program’s official launch in February 2017.
The goal of the Expansion Program is to provide support to a diverse group of participants. Company applications will be categorized according
to characteristics such as geographical distribution and company size. Participants will be selected from each group on a first-come, first-served