2016 Annual IACC-UL Latin America Summit A Major Success!
The first IACC-UL Latin America Regional Brand Protection Summit was successfully held on June 22-23 in Miami, Florida with over 200 attendees. This unique event presented unparalleled and valuable networking and learning opportunities for brands, other industry representatives and government officials from the U.S., Europe, and more than 15 Latin American and Caribbean countries. With the success of the 2016 Summit, the IACC and UL will now be offering this event annually.
- R. Gil Kerlikowske, Commissioner, Customs and Border Protection, United States
- Daniel Ragsdale, Deputy Director, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, United States
- Jose Medina Romero, Deputy Attorney General, Attorney General's Office, Mexico
- Mike Margain, Director General, Institute of Industrial Property, Mexico
- Leslie Caldwell, Assistant Attorney General, Criminal Division, U.S. Department of Justice, United States
- Philippa Scarlett, Deputy Intellectual Property Enforcement Coordinator, Executive Office of the President, United States
The two-day Summit allowed for attendees to discuss shared challenges and best practices in strengthening IP protection throughout the region. It included a lineup of informative panel sessions, where the themes of collaboration between brands and governments, the need to be nimble and evolve quickly in response to counterfeiters’ ever-changing tactics, and the value of training sessions led by organizations like the IACC and UL emerged.
The IACC would like to thank UL for its partnership in organizing this groundbreaking event. We also recognize and thank the Latin America Regional
Task Force and our Latin America members for their valuable assistance throughout the event.
International IP Crime Investigators College
Educating law enforcement and brands around the world to effectively combat IP crime.