June 08, 2022
Type of Position
How to Apply/Contact
Email your resume, a cover letter, and include your desired salary range in your application by July 8, 2022 to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
We are a fast-growing organization and looking for an energetic, team-oriented, proactive, and creative communications professional to grow with us. We are lean and highly operational with an emphasis on inter-departmental coordination. This is a great opportunity for a rising communications star to gain well-rounded experience and make a big impact.
In this role, the Communications Manager will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of the IACC’s communications and media strategy working closely with the Senior Vice President – Chief of Staff. As Manager, you will have hands on experience in building and growing the IACC’s communications strategies and activities. You will also play a key role in our upcoming rebranding and website revamp initiatives.
On an ongoing basis, you will collaborate closely with our online program, training, and membership teams, as well as senior leadership to create stories and messages that convey the impact of our vision, programs and services to our members and broader IP community. You will utilize various communications, social media, and media channels to educate and attract interest in the IACC. You will also work with senior leadership to implement ways to measure success and apply learnings towards more effective communications strategies. You will work with colleagues in other departments, and vendors to carry out your responsibilities.
- Play a key role in the organization’s re-branding and website revamp
- Spearhead the IACC’s communications and media strategy and implementation plan.
- Substantively support event (webinars, conferences, etc) planning and execution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and implement IACC’s communications strategy and activities.
- Develop, implement, and manage IACC’s editorial calendar for eblasts, social media and other communications.
- Ensure IACC brand and design guidelines are consistently followed across all of the organization’s platforms and channels.
- Determine opportunities for thought-leadership.
- Handle all media related duties: media contact, media partnership, tracking, etc.
- Draft press releases and send them out on the wire.
- Work with marketing consultant and other team members to grow existing (ie, social media, website, etc) and add new channels and communications assets (such as videos, other digital or print materials, etc).
- Build, execute and manage IACC social media engagement and SEO strategy working with marketing consultant.
- Write drafts for communications related content. Research and speak with program staff to generate content for communications and provide ideas on dissemination of content.
- Develop KPIs for communications activities to gage effectiveness and opportunities for improvement.
- Write/draft marketing/media content including press releases, speeches, website copy, etc.
- Assist with website and CRM updates.
- Manage vendors (graphics, website, video, etc)
- Provide hands-on support to Events (virtual and in-person); may be required to execute certain webinars or virtual workshops.
- Create basic design for social media graphics and other communications uses.
- Minimum 2-5 years of communications experience in a nonprofit, trade association, agency or corporate communications environment;
- Excellent writing and editing skills, and the ability to work well with in a diverse, highly collaborative environment;
- Experience running and growing organizational social media accounts including LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter;
- Knowledge and experience of SEO basics and implementation;
- Familiarity with best practices in email marketing and brand strategy, and
- Ability to multi-task, thrive in and adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Qualities and Skills
- Strong work ethic
- Strong writer
The position may require travel.
We prefer the candidate to be based in (or relocate to) our Washington, D.C. office, but we will consider a remote work arrangement for qualified candidates living in other cities.
The IACC is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age or disability.