Analyst, Brand Protection
February 22, 2023
Type of Position
How to Apply/Contact
Netflix is the world’s leading internet entertainment service with over 231 million members in over 190 countries enjoying series and films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Great stories come from anywhere and can be watched by members everywhere, and our service enables the world to experience the joy of entertainment wherever and whenever they want.
The Trademark & Brand Protection team is seeking an Analyst, Brand Protection to help combat IP infringement and counterfeit products. With experience in a filmed entertainment studio, consumer goods company, or IP enforcement vendor, they will thrive on finding creative ways to protect our IP and help drive consumers to authentic, authorized consumer products and experiences. They will be business-oriented, able to think outside the box, and looking to challenge long-standing assumptions about how to manage IP. They will be highly-organized, self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, technology oriented, and able to juggle multiple responsibilities with an unwavering attention to detail. This is a fast-paced role that requires strong business acumen, curiosity and significant initiative.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of entertainment.
- Monitor, review and analyze global online marketplaces for infringing consumer products, collaborating closely with external vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Identify high value targets and online trends for further investigation.
- Field and file takedowns regarding trademarks, and DMCA copyright violations using third party monitoring tools, platform complaint programs or directly via other party’s policies.
- Authenticate products and coordinate authentication with internal stakeholders as needed.
- Train customs and law enforcement agencies and respond to seizure notifications and other anti-counterfeiting activities.
- Help develop and manage data-driven strategies for brand enforcement, including tracking and reporting.
- Design, develop, and manage evidence archive and tracking systems.
- Maintain matter trackers and WebTMS database.
- 3 – 5 years of online marketplace enforcement experience, preferably in the entertainment studio space.
- Understanding of IP law, including trademark, copyright and fair use principles.
- Experience identifying and making judgment calls about how to enforce IP rights against a range of infringing and counterfeit goods.
- Experience using brand protection tools and IP management tools, such as Corsearch, Meta IPR platform, Amazon Brand Registry, and WebTMS.
- Experience collaborating with a broad set of cross-functional team to achieve business goals, including different legal, business, marketing and PR teams.
- Tech-savviness, including proficiency with systems and tools to manage a high volume of matters (e.g., database, reporting, information management systems).
- High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines.
- Ability to respond positively to change and be receptive to new ideas.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented.
- Ability to work across borders with multicultural EQ.
- Advocate for inclusion and diversity.
- Demonstrated good judgment and strong critical thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
- Speak multiple languages (not required but would be a plus – extra points if those languages are Spanish or Portuguese).
- Have a great sense of humor!