Anti-Falsified Region Manager, Americas
April 05, 2022
Type of Position
How to Apply/Contact
Please apply here:
594,202!! The number of seized units of Falsified Medicines.
Under the leadership of both the Global Head of Anti-Falsified Medicines (functionally) and the Regional Head of Global Security (operationally), actively contribute to the implementation and enhancement of the Novartis Anti-Falsified Medicines program in the Region destined to combat pharmaceutical crime and create the conditions to bring counterfeiters and illegal traders to justice, recover losses through legal action, improve patient safety, preserve Novartis reputation and create a tangible return on investment for the business. Drive proactive and reactive Anti-Falsified Medicines initiatives in the Region to protect Novartis patients, products, and reputation; in order to preserve business innovation growth and productivity.
- Be responsible for the delivery and implementation of the objectives and deliverables toward the Anti-Falsified Medicines Roadmap endorsed by ECN Trust & Reputation Committee relevant to the Region.
- Plan and agree strategic Anti-Falsified Medicines priorities (i.e. market monitoring, online enforcement, customs enforcement, criminal enforcement, civil enforcement), maintain visibility of Anti-Falsified Medicines investigations and Operations and man-age projects, such as customs recordals, risk mapping and product verification in close collaboration with PharmINT professional.
- Review, triage and investigate (risk-based) lines of inquiry from multiple sources (e.g. both from internal/external stakeholders) into incidents of falsification of Novartis products. Timely report such incidents as per company SOP’s.
- Ensure overall consistency of the Anti-Falsified Medicines enforcement operations (Po-lice, Customs, Municipality, Health authorities) undertaken. Coordinate local and transnational enforcement cases in close collaboration with the Global Security Intelli-gence Unit (GSIU) and the other Regional managers. Ensure that an effective collabo-ration takes place, for each enforcement case, with the key internal business stake-holders (e.g. Legal, QA, NCA, Comms, etc.).
- Champion professional Anti-Falsified Medicines Training & Awareness activities (as per the agreed strategic plan) with Novartis associates and external stakeholders, e.g. Police, Customs and Health authorities, to raise awareness about the Novartis Anti-Falsified Medicines program. Drive thought-leadership across industry to position Novartis as best-in-class in the Anti-Falsified Medicines area in the Region.
- Operational collaboration with key internal and external partners and relevant industry associations, regulatory and government authorities and non-government organizations at national and international level, to develop anti-falsified medicines advocacy, engagement and awareness opportunities, (e.g. Interpol, WCO, WHO, PSI, etc.).
- Act as the Chair of the regional Falsified Medicines Working Group to foster highly effective cross functional collaboration toward global and regional priorities and projects
- Provide quality assurance for Anti-Falsified Medicines records in the global security case management system to ensure they are accurate, reliable and up to date.
- Based on case management system, produce monthly, quarterly and yearly reports, measuring KPI’s for each enforcement case and training & awareness initiatives. Iden-tify gaps and trends and propose ways to effectively address them.
- Operational support on the other core Global Security activities in the region when-ever needed.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you will bring to this role:
- Bachelors/Masters degree or equivalent in criminal law, intellectual property law and/or international security.
- 5+ years relevant experience in product security and/or anti-counterfeiting in the Americas, preferably in the Pharmaceutical or related industry with a strong patient safety angle.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to simultaneously coordinate several projects, investigations and enforcement operations involving a multitude of internal and external stakeholders.
- Familiarity with relevant competent authorities and Anti-Falsified Medicines industry associations is desirable.
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives. We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working. We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what’s possible, when we
collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team’s representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
BUSINESS ASSURANCE AND ADVISORY
East Hanover, NJ
Legal & Intellectual Property & Compliance