Business Development Manager, Americas (West)
De La Rue
May 24, 2021
Type of Position
How to Apply/Contact
Please apply by submitting your CV/Resume at the link provided. To view our current vacancies, visit https://www.delarue.com/careers.
At De La Rue, our purpose is to enable every citizen to participate securely in the global economy.
De La Rue is a global leader in counterfeit protection dedicated to the fight against counterfeiting, illicit trade, and diversion. With a 200-year heritage, De La Rue has been creating brand protection solutions for over 30 years and has a long history in the use of secure optical technologies dating back to the earliest days of security holograms. Our people are the source of our success and we are committed to employing the very best people. We encourage creativity and initiative, recognize individual and team contributions and provide our employees opportunities to develop to their full potential.
We are looking for a self-driven and motivated BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER based in the western United States to join the Brand Sales team in our Authentication division. The ideal candidate will have proven success in developing business, closing sales, and interacting with multiple stake holders at all levels below the C-suite within blue-chip companies. Fluency in English is required, in Spanish is highly desired, and in French or Portuguese is a plus.
***MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES***
The role of the Business Development Manager (BDM) will be to develop and manage new sales opportunities for De La Rue’s portfolio of Brand Protection solutions, with responsibility for the North America-West and Latin America (tbd) markets.
The Business Development Manager will be required to sell De La Rue Brand protection solutions to new customers as well as to cross / upsell into existing customers. The BDM will own the sales target as well as be responsible for client relationship management, sales pipeline data and all information pertinent to closing targeted business (sales closure plans, relationship maps, etc).
- Develop and agree with the Head of Brand and Global Sales Director the sales targets and sales pipeline
- Become a student of the Brand Protection business
- Sell De La Rue Brand solutions to both existing and new customers
- Network into accounts, identify new opportunities and assist in the specification of customer requirements
- Establish relationships with key stake holders within target businesses to be viewed as a trusted advisor
- Become well-versed in technical aspects of solutions; be viewed as an expert by customers
- Assist in the refinement of De La Rue’s Brand propositions and tailor them to client requirements
- Manage relationships with key strategic partners
- Build relationships with key stakeholders within De La Rue to support the mobilization of resources
- Leverage De La Rue’s account base, Currency, ID and market reputation to further advance De La Rue’s Brand solutions into Brand clients helping to ensure authenticity and supply chain management
- Ensure accurate and timely following of the administrative and order processing procedures in order to achieve completion of the customer requirements
- Develop a detailed understanding of customer buying behavior and competitor analysis
- Provide Marketing with market intelligence on customers and competitor activity in a timely manner
- Capture market and account requirements to feedback into our product management team
- Assist in the development of market propositions and use cases to guide internal solution development
- Support the development of the go-to-market plan
- This role entails working closely with the internal product management, marketing and account management teams
- Always act and behave in a way compliant with all De La Rue company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to values and behaviors, environmental health and safety, ethics and codes of conduct, as it is through living our values that we strengthen the culture of our business, and demonstrate our understanding of our Code of Business Principles
- Position is remote, home-based, reporting to the Head of Brand in the US, and is part of a the Global Brand Sales team
- This role requires periods of frequent travel within the assigned region
Qualifications, Training, Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience in developing and maintaining senior level relationships required
- 5 years proven experience of selling high value solutions into brands preferred
- Fluency in English is required, in Spanish is highly desired, and in French or Portuguese is a plus
- Must be able to travel internationally
Skills and Competencies
- Proven experience in engaging with Brands
- Successful track record of developing, nurturing and advancing business
- Sector relevant experience (Brand Protection)
- Strong market knowledge
- Market / Client requirements
- Solution supplier / competitive landscape
- Experience of creating and managing third party (agents/consultants/system integrators/sub-contractors) relationships
- Excellent communication skills
- Commercial acumen and good numeracy skills
- Team worker and self-starter