The International AntiCounterfeiting Coalition (IACC)
April 06, 2021
Type of Position
How to Apply/Contact
Please send resume, cover letter and at least 2 writing samples to email@example.com by May 1, 2021.
Position: Program Manager
About the IACC
Comprised of approximately 250 corporations, trade associations, and professional firms, and founded over 40 years ago; the IACC is the world’s oldest and largest organization representing exclusively the interests of companies concerned with trademark counterfeiting, piracy, and the related theft of intellectual property.
IACC members include many of the world’s best-known brands from a broad cross-section of industries such as luxury goods and apparel, automotive, consumer goods, entertainment, pharmaceutical, and other product sectors.
We are a lean and highly operational organization, and the leading voice for companies on counterfeiting issues. Through engaging in issue advocacy, law enforcement training, events, strategic partnerships and collaborative programs at the national and international level, we build bridges and creative solutions to fight the ever-growing issue of IP theft around the world.
We are a fast-growing organization and are looking for an energetic, team-oriented, and motivated professional to grow with us. The Program Manager will be tasked with executing, and overseeing the operations of, at least two strategic programs with world renowned companies such as Amazon. They will also be tasked with contributing to the development of other special projects as appropriate. We are looking for candidates with exceptional communications, organizational, and analytical skills to execute these tasks successfully. This is an external facing position, so if you thrive on interacting with a wide range of stakeholders; if you enjoy figuring out solutions to complex problems; and work best when operating multiple workflows, we’d love to hear from you.
The Program Manager role is executed under the supervision of the Senior Counsel & Vice President of Corporate Strategy. Their primary responsibility will be to oversee and execute the day-to-day operations of the IACC-Amazon Program; one of the association’s major online enforcement initiatives. The IACC is also in the early stages of establishing at least one additional strategic collaboration with a different international marketplace, and the Program Manager will assist with the development and execution of this Program from the ground up. This important role will require an individual who is collaborative, and process minded, and who excels in identifying and assimilating relevant information, strategic thinking, and problem solving. Responsibilities include:
- Executing and ensuring successful operation of the Programs including processing, tracking and securing the timely resolution of Program submissions; recruiting and onboarding knew participants; hosting meetings (virtually or otherwise); and guiding and supporting brands throughout their participation.
- Acting as the primary liaison for brand participants, Amazon, and other marketplace partners.
- Developing and implementing Program protocols and procedures.
- Managing legal agreements and Program assets.
- Engaging with participant brands to collect feedback and identify strategic opportunities.
- Contributing to the development and expansion of new Program features in response to emerging trends and priority issues.
- Contributing to the development and execution of program communications, materials, and events.
Education, Experience, and Skills
The IACC and its Programs are one of a kind. We appreciate that there is no established training or experience specifically tailored to the Program Manager role and encourage individuals with a broad range of professional experiences and backgrounds to apply.
- Priority: Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred: Relevant advanced degree, JD or LLM
- Client services, customer management, and/or dispute resolution
- Project management
- Protocol or process development
- Intellectual property or related legal background
- Work involving e-commerce platforms or other online intermediaries
- Proposal writing
- Public speaking
- Database management
Important Skills and Qualities
- Excellent communications, organizational, and writing skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills – ability to break down complex matters and identify solutions will be key
- Ability to self-start and drive tasks from initiation to conclusion
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Agile approach
- International mindset
- Service oriented
- Disciplined and dependable
The IACC offers generous benefits to eligible employees including health insurance, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, 401k and 401k matching, long and short-term disability, and paid time off.
The International AntiCounterfeiting Coalition is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.