Senior Paralegal, Global Intellectual Property, Brands & Marketing
Levi Strauss & Co.
June 27, 2022
Type of Position
How to Apply/Contact
You’re an original. So are we.
We’re a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we’ve used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi’s®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
On the Search for…
We’re seeking a Senior Paralegal, Global Intellectual Property, Brands & Marketing!
You will help protect some of the world’s most recognized brands in the apparel industry. The Senior Paralegal will be an integral member of Levi Strauss & Co.’s Intellectual Property Team. You will be responsible for managing the Company’s global trademark and patent portfolio and supporting team members on clearance, registration and brand enforcement matters.
This a hybrid role based out of our San Francisco headquarters. This position will report to the Associate General Counsel, Global Intellectual Property, Brands and Marketing.
About The Job
- Manage and maintain internal global trademark and patent docketing system using Anaqua IP management platform
- Handle all aspects of USPTO trademark work, including prosecution and post-registration matters
- Correspond with local counsel globally regarding trademark matters, including filing applications, responding to office actions, resolving conflicts and renewing registrations
- Research and collect evidence of use of trademarks from business units
- Coordinate notarization and legalization of documents
- Generate intellectual property status reports
- Perform due diligence for corporate transactions
- Provide support in litigation matters
- Assist in conducting and analyzing preliminary trademark searches
- Partner with finance team on budget matters, including reviewing and processing payment invoices from outside counsel and resolving discrepancies
- Maintain internal files, both hard and electronic copies
- Collaborate and coordinate cross-functionally with global business partners and legal subject matter leads
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Superior writing and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage deadlines and prioritize multiple projects
- Positive, “can do” attitude, ability to take initiative in creating and improving work processes
- Ability to analyze, think strategically and solve problems
- 7+ years of extensive experience managing large, worldwide trademark portfolios at a leading law firm or in-house
- Familiarity with USPTO’s TEAS system, worldwide trademark laws and procedures
- Experience with Anaqua IP management platform and Legal Tracker e-billing system a plus
- Notary certification a plus
- Experience conducting trademark searches
- Bachelor’s Degree or related combination of experience and education
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Enthusiastic and enjoys being challenged
- Team-oriented and committed to working as a positive and collaborative member
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we’ve got you covered.
Here’s a Small Snapshot
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
- Product discount of 60% off regular-price merchandise
- Paid Family Leave
The Company’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, Vietnam era/disabled veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Company policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees on the basis of any protected classes. The Company has established a continuing Affirmative Action Program to assure equal employment opportunity in all its policy decisions affecting recruitment, selection, assignment, promotion, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Currently, LS&CO requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment, except in those jurisdictions where prohibited by law. Medical or religious accommodations, or other exemptions that may be required by applicable law, will be approved when properly supported. Further information is provided during the recruitment process.