The IACC MarketSafe Program implements a strategic collaboration between the IACC and Alibaba to create a cross-industry alliance to combat counterfeit products online. Through the program, the IACC and program participants work to identify and take down infringing listings on Alibaba platforms via an expedited removal procedure. Since the launch of the program, we have seen a 100% take-down rate when companies stand behind their claims. Over 6,800 sellers' storefronts have been closed and permanently banned, and nearly 200,000 infringing product listings have been removed.
The IACC strongly believes in the value of collaboration, building bridges and bringing together partners from all sides, including intermediaries, to develop and implement innovative, practical solutions to counterfeiting and piracy. The IACC MarketSafe and its Expansion Program are examples of the IACC’s vision to work collaboratively across industries and sectors to develop effective solutions to this pervasive problem.
- Expedited take-down procedures;
- Access to IACC resources to assist with Chinese language issues;
- IP enforcement on Taobao, Tmall, AliExpress, Alibaba.com and 1688.com;
- IACC-Exclusive program significantly reduces the substantive requirements for an actionable claim, compared to non-participants; and
- Enhanced tools to identify individual seller standing and coordinate efficient take-down efforts.
Both member and non-member rights-holders are eligible to participate. Restrictions may apply. Please contact the IACC for any questions (Marketsafeinfo@iacc.org).